Modern Language in the Primary School - Quick Ideas
As well as writing to the web you can, of course, use existing resources to great effect to learn a language. There are the amazing free audio podcasts you can get to learn any language under the sun, simply by searching for it in the iTunes Podcast Directory or using the words "French podcast" in Google, for example. But the following are some tried and tested ideas:
- The MFLE Resource Finder and Image Bank contains a chosen and growing selection of language-learning links, categorised by level. You can also upload your own resources to share.
- Naace Primary Big Book Builder: Make big books using language with your kids.
- BBC Primary French resources: a nice range on starting steps.
- Chez Mimi: interactive games for basic French
- Chez Mimi online TV: supported by TeachersTV you can access the whole series online, or download for later.
- Caramax la tortue: children learn the animals and the sounds they make.
- Channel Hopping (food): Adventure game to learn about asking for food.
- Chez Merlin - Thermomètre: Learn extended vocabulary to do with the weather.
- Sommaire Mathématiques - Géometrie: Shape and space en français.