Lingro - turns any webpage into an interactive language learning tool
Lingro takes any webpage and then allows you to click on any word in that page to get its translation back into English, Spanish, French, Polish, German or Italian.
It's the free, real-world, webpage equivalent of the interactive texts CD-Roms that we used to find handy when I was a pupil at school, but it's got a far more interactive interface that allows you some real flexibility:
- Zip between languages in a click;
- Listen to the pronunciation of every word;
- Multiple definitions, and examples in use;
- Where a word does not exist, the social media kicks in: you suggest a translation;
- It keeps a record of all the words you've had to look up in your wordlist, so that you can go off and learn them yourself.