Games Based Learning Conference: book your earlybird rate with me
I'm delighted to be speaking at The International Game Based Learning Conference in London, March 29th-30th. But you've only got until January 31st until the earlybird rate - saving you at least £200 - runs out.
Games Based Learning is one of the fastest growing conferences focused on the positive impact that video games and social media are having on learning.
It will be one of the first major events at which I'll be speaking as part of the wider work of my new digital media and education company, the straight-up and no-nonsense NoTosh. More on that at the end of this week.
There's already a fascinating mix of speakers, from such a wide variety of backgrounds (education, military, healthcare, entertainment, corporate training) that discussions are bound to be outstanding:
• Ed Vaizey, Shadow Minister for Culture and the Creative Industries
• Siobhan Reddy & Kareem Ettouney, Co-founders, Media Molecule
• Matt Mason, Author, The Pirates Dilemma
• Alice Taylor, Commissioning Editor, Education, Channel 4 [blog]
• Michael Acton Smith, CEO, Mind Candy
• Derek Robertson, Learning & Teaching Scotland
• Stephen Heppell, heppell.net
• Ewan McIntosh, CEO, NoTosh [website coming soon]
• Jonathan Stewart, Director, Hollier Medical Simulation Centre
• Major Roy Evans, British Army, Ministry of Defence
In the meantime, make sure you book your tickets before the end of the month to get the cheapest rate possible.