Five Things I've Learned
Yesterday the Pearson Foundation launched its new site, Five Things I've Learned, and I was honoured to be amongst the first educators to contribute five key things I've learned in my career so far about learning, teaching, life and the universe.
I've still got plenty of dues to pay in my career, so it is incredibly flattering to be amongst such august company, from Jeb Bush to Stephen Heppell - it's quite a mix! More Five Things are due to appear in the weeks and months to come.
- The people making the decisions are no smarter than you are.
- The harder I work the luckier I get.
- Vision is a process, not an away-day, a statement, or a project.
- The world moves faster through projects.
- Teaching needs learning, not the other way around.